STATUS: Full Time
POSITION: Small Equipment/Small Engine Service Tech
EXP. REQUIRED: Yes
TRAINING PROVIDED: Yes
ZIP CODE: 37421
Small Equipment Technician:
Career to increase the levels of customer service by performing preventive maintenance, customer repairs, and all other repairs on equipment within the area of responsibility as required in the most effective and economical way to eliminate equipment failure at the customer location. The individual will maintain and repair equipment offered by Franklin Equipment to include Construction and Agricultural (small equipment), Customer Repairs, Dealer Pre-Delivery, including the diagnosing of complex equipment issues and troubleshooting within the compliance of all Safety/Company Policy and Procedures.
– Service equipment correctly on the first attempt as required avoiding unnecessary down-time.
– Service equipment as required to ensure proper working condition when leaving the shop.
– Repair/Maintenance of customer equipment.
– Annual inspections.
– Preparing all Rental Equipment for Customer Availability.
– Dealer pre-delivery. New equipment preparation. Preventative maintenance.
– Dismantles and reassembles/ rebuilds equipment. Diagnoses standard mechanical equipment problems.
– Fabricate parts as needed to meet needs.
– Perform safety inspections on equipment.
– Maintain a clean and safe working environment (shop work station).
– Meet all company, government, and equipment-specific safety requirements.
– Ability to read and to respond to common inquiries and/or complaints from customers, and employees
– Ability to effectively present information to top management
– Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in standard units of measure, and general mathematical skills
– Assist customers with loading and unloading of small equipment
– Use computer to navigate company inventory system and parts diagrams
– Other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor.
Education and Requirements:
-High school diploma or GED required; some trade school or equivalent training a plus.
-Must have at least 2+ years of experience with Construction/Agricultural equipment.
-Excellent troubleshooting skills.
-Excellent customer service and communication skills
-Ability to work independently and be flexible regarding work assignments.
-Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving history.
-Must own personal mechanic’s tools.
-Must possess a high degree of safety-awareness.
-Working knowledge of Construction and Agricultural equipment and safety requirements.
-General computer knowledge.
Franklin Equipment provides an Aggressive Salary, Sign-on Bonus, Terrific Benefits, 401K, Health & Dental Insurance, Training, Career Incentives, Opportunity for Advancement and the Chance to Work with a Great Team of People. All applicable candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening. Applicants may also be required to pass a criminal background check and/or a consumer report. If applicable, the individual will be required to pass a DOT physical. Franklin Equipment is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Email Your Resume